Monday 31 October 2016

What's on the table - October 2016 UPDATE

Updates to the original list:
  • Cromwell 1/76th Pz IV H (2014) - no progress
  • Newline Designs 10mm Greek Hoplites (2015) - flesh areas painted
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Adder Mage (2016) - main colours blocked in 
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Otter Rogue (2016) - main colours blocked in
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Weasel (2016) - COMPLETED
  • Revell 1/76th Comet (2014) - COMPLETED
Additional items I worked on:
  • Artizan Designs 28mm LRDG (2013) - cleaned and primed
  • Peter Pig 15mm WW2 14th Army infantry (2016) - cleaned, primed, fully painted and varnished.
We were away mid-month so I didn't do too much. The highlight of the month was completing the Comet, which the infamous Pz IVH aside was my oldest outstanding kit. You can read more about that on my post here.

I had a bit of a WW2 renaissance when I saw the lovely SBS Mike Owen figures for Gorgon Miniatures advertised on TMP. I promptly dug out the old packet of LRDG that I'd picked up for a couple of quid back in 2013 and started on them straightaway. I have been very close to getting shot of these on many an occasion, wondering what I was going to use them for as I don't game WW2 in 28mm. However, I am partial to Mr Owen's work and already had the matching pack which I finished in 2007. So they've now on the table and will be painted just for the joy of it.

Also, without really planning to, I  did a packet of Peter Pig WW2 14th Army that I picked up at Salute. I got these just to see if I could still paint 15mm what with the bifocal blues. Happy to say I still can and I'll do a full write up on these once I take some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment