Monday 3 October 2016

What's on the table - October 2016

So we're into the last quarter of the year and here's the list of what's on the table as we start October:
  • Cromwell 1/76th Pz IV H (2014)
  • Newline Designs 10mm Greek Hoplites (2015)
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Adder Mage (2016)
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Otter Rogue (2016)
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Weasel (2016)
  • Revell 1/76th Comet (2014)
Oathsworn Adder, Otter and Weasel primed and ready for painting

Ah, the Cromwell Pz IVH bless it. Stlll there and still not much happening. I periodically inspect the ultra-flimsy badly fitting turret shurtzen, scratch my head and then put it back on the table again. It's a pity that overall it's such a nice model as I'd be tempted to use it as a wreck otherwise. I'm also tempted to hybridise it with an with a poor old Fujimi Pz-IVJ that has seen better days. If I put the two together I may get a half decent model.

The Matchbox/Revell Comet has been a nice kit to do and that should be finished this month. I think I bought it with an idea of a 1946 Red Army v Brits "what if" scenario. This will be the third British tank I've built this year and will do a write up on the 3 kits at some stage.

I'm still thinking about the 'Nam project, just finished reading Matterhorn and waiting for what Peter Pig release before taking this any further. I believe that PP are revamping their 'Nam range November time. I have a couple of packs of PP WW2 figures that I purposely bought at Salute just to see if I can still paint this scale so I'll try and fit them in during October which will help my decision making. 

I've also been mulling over finally redecorating and revamping the room where I do my painting and modelling.  I bought a filing cabinet off eBay a while back for the purpose of organising my 15mm and 20mm collection and it's sat there empty. With the weather and light changing I think it'll be good to start sorting that out. I'm also playing with the idea of seeing if I can find a nice old desk to replace my current uncomfortable painting table and chair. It's all towards the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment